2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

2 Page Slide Master (PPT2000)

I've been downloading example PPT slides and saving them to a single presentation as a source for backgrounds for announcement slides (church program display). Combining disparate slides into a single presentation has always been a problem because of the slide master problem but these seemed to be doing OK, mainly because they are background graphics, I suppose. Except that when I added a couple of simple slides to the mix, a strange background shape appeared on them. (Improved them, actually, but a mystery.) OK, so I go look at the Slide Master. Which, at first, shows nothing. Then I notice that the vertical scroll bar is active. The slide master has 2 pages! One contains the graphic. The other is blank but text can be added if desired.

So, this is new to me. How does one create a 2 page slide master? And how does one put a graphic on one of those pages? And is it possible to extract said graphic and save as a JPG, etc.?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 2 Page Slide Master (PPT2000)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by WendellB on 27-Dec-02 18:04. Activate link)</P>More than likely what you're seeing is a slide master and a title master. If the slides in your presentation are based on the title slide layout, they'll take on the attributes of the title master. All others will take on the attributes of the slide master.

You can check workarounds for multiple masters at http://www.echosvoice.com -- that might help you with combining presentations based on different masters.

Putting a graphic on either master is just like doing it on a regular slide. Go to View/Master/Slide Master (or Title Master) and use Insert/Picture/From File.

To extract the graphic, you can use File/Save As and select an image type in the bottom of that dialog box. Then open the image in an image editing program and delete any extraneous background stuff (as necessary).

You can also right-click the graphic and select Save As Picture if you're using PPT 2002/XP. If you're using PPT 2000, open the clip gallery by going to Insert/Picture/Clip Art, then simply minimize the gallery. Then drag the graphic onto the clip icon on your windows taskbar. When the clip gallery opens, move your cursor to the appropriate category and release. Fill in keywords as prompted, then click OK.