New Lounger
    Thanks

Norton Anti-Virus Error Message C++ Runtime

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by WyllyWylly on 28-Dec-02 22:13. to modify the subject line, as it was identical to another post)</P>I have had to uninstall Norton (the 2000 6.0 version) and when I try to reinstall, I get the following Runtime Error Message.
    Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. C:Program filescommon filessymantec sharedsevinst.exe. Abnormal program termination.

Once this message pops up, installation quits! As this is a 2000 version, sympantec doesn't provide any support. Any ideas??

Thank you.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Norton Anti-Virus Error Message C++ Runtime

There's a strong possibility that updating your Visual Basic runtimes will help solve this. It's a fairly generic error, so this is far from a guarantee. However....

Apply the linked update above, first, to see if it solves the problem. Disable any unnecessary software that may be running when you attempt to reinstall the product. Remove the product entirely and attempt reinstallation. Failing that, visit Windows Update and apply all recommended and critical updates. You should do that anyway if you haven't recently.

HTH,
    -Mark