Star Lounger
    Thanks

Link excel with access query (Access 2000)

Can i link an excel table with an Access query ?

In order for my Access database to be connected with a a further accountant program, the developers required to have the source data converted into an excel table.
    In order to do it, i have converted the following access query into execl:

SELECT DISTINCTROW Orders.paymentid, Orders.invoicedate, Customers.Customerid, Customers.CompanyName, products.Productid, products.code, [order

details].UnitPrice
    FROM (Customers RIGHT JOIN Orders ON Customers.Customerid = Orders.customerid) INNER JOIN ([order details] INNER JOIN products ON [order

details].ProductID = products.Productid) ON Orders.OrderID = [order details].OrderID
    WHERE (((Orders.paymentid)=True))
    ORDER BY Orders.invoicedate;

i will have to export the above query into an excel table several times in the month.I will have to do it manually, by selecting
    Tools-office links-excel.Can i automate the proces,somehow by linking the excel table into the query, so that each time i change the data in the
    query, the data in the excel table are updated ?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Link excel with access query (Access 2000)

Excel has worksheets, not tables. You can link an Excel range as if it were a table and query on it in Access, but that doesn't sound like what you're trying to do. If you want to export the data into Excel format, why not just set up a form with a button or even a macro to do a transferspreadsheet and use the Access query as your source? Just looking at the query, it appears to return all records with a PaymentID in orders, so I assume you want the Excel spreadsheet to contain all those records and the export is to create a new spreadsheet or overwrite the existing one, right?
    Charlotte

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Link excel with access query (Access 2000)

Thank you very muich for your nice and helpful answer.I will work on your suggestions.

May i wish you a Happy New Year