New Lounger
    Thanks

XP - Application Hang Problems (XP)

Ever since doing a clean install of XP, I've been getting consistent errors that read in the System Information Report -
    "28/12/2002 4:09PM Application Hang Hanging Application IEXPLORE.EXE, Version 6.0.2600.0, Hang Module Hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.&#x000d.&#x000a"
    This is a typical example, and the hang address is generally the same. Additionally, it seems to have occurred in a number of applications since the install in mid December. I'm guessing that somewhere there is probably a memory conflict, perhaps a dodgy driver. If it is a bad driver, can someone advise me how to track down the culprit?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: XP - Application Hang Problems (XP)

Wait to see if anyone else here in The Lounge is familiar with that message, but it sure looks fishy to me! Do you have any kind of antivirus and anti ad (spyware) software on your system yet? It would be nice to rule out that some nasty hasn't crawled under the hood. (What makes me uneasy is those words "hang" or "hung" and so on and the zeroes in the address field.)

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

IE is blowing up? Have you downloaded the latest version, IE6 SP1? Even if you have, it may be worth your while to re-install IE. What happens prior to this crash? Or does it just spew forth errors when you start IE? The crash information you've posted isn't much help I'm afraid - this looks like the text that appears when you click on the link to "see what information this error report contains."
    -Mark

New Lounger
    Thanks

After reviewing all the system logs... even going to the extent of causing BSOD to see if the problem was identified, I never found out the cause of the problem. Over the past 24 h I've reformatted the HDD and reinstalled XP. To see if the problem repeated itself, I shut down the system after each program installation, but despite having reinstalled all the programs in exactly the same order, I couldn't replicate the problem. The system nows runs perfectly... Thanks for your interest in responding to my post.