Lounger
    Thanks

100% CPU usage (XP Enterprise)

Hi, I have read the Office newsletters and found a post here about the /cleanreminders and outcmd.dat. Here is my problem. I have office xp and I have outlook open to prompt me for which profile to use. When I choose one profile outlook works fine, when I choose the other profile it locks up with the 100% CPU problem. I need to get into this email account. Any suggestions on what else to do? I've gone to windows update and updated all the security and critical files and still have the problem.

Thanks,
    Russ

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 100% CPU usage (XP Enterprise)

Did you delete outcmd.dat? If so and if it still happens, then you may have a bad profile and will need to recreate it.

Also, if you have Outlook 2000 SP3, there is a recently released fix for the CPU problem - released right before christmas i believe. You'll need to get it from the office.microsoft.com site. The fix is only for SP3's 100% CPU problem.

Lounger
    Thanks

Hi,
    I don't have an outcmd.dat file. I also use Outlook 2002. I tried deleting the old profile and recreating it but it still only locks up when I check that one account. I even tried to add another email address to my other profile that works but then it started locking up. As soon as I took out the new email acct from that profile it works again. So now I don't know what the problem is that as soon as I try to check mail from the stuck account it locks up the cpu.

Lounger
    Thanks

Well I found out (kind of) what the problem was. I got another email program to get me into the problem acct. I deleted all the new emails that were trying to come in (none of them were more than 50k and there was only 4) and then used Outlook to get into the acct and it now works.