2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Subdirectories not in Address Book (Outlook 2002)

My main Contacts folder is all my personal addresses, etc. I have a subdirectory for a singing group to which I belong and another subdirectory for another group to which I belong. I need to keep all of the info on all of the members of those groups, but I don't want it all cluttering up my Contacts folder. It works fine this way except when I want to send an email to someone in one of these subdirectories, the names don't show up when I click on the "To" field. In Outlook 2000, I could choose the subdirectory from which to select the names. Outlook 2002 doesn't seem to have this feature. Is there a way to do this?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Subdirectories not in Address Book (Outlook 2002)

You could use Categories to organise the names, instead of sub-folders.

If you view the contacts folder "By Category" and collapse those two groups then it should be pretty close to what you want.

StuartR

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Right click on the subfolder, choose properties and Show as Address book on the address book tab.

However, you might find categories works better - if you want to try, to quickly add a category, group by category, add the category to one contact then drag the others to the category group.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

An added complication, which I failed to mention because I thought it would just complicate the issue, is that I'm syncing with a Handspring Visor Prism using DateBook5 -- which certainly does complicate the issue! Some lovely soul did post the answer I was looking for, though, so I'm all set. Thanks for giving this some thought, though.

Sheryl King

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I already have my main Contact folder divided into categories. The Master Chorale has 120 members and Canyon Quilters has almost 300 -- and I really wanted to keep their names in a separate list. So your first answer is what I was looking for. I sure never saw it documented anywhere, though -- at least anywhere I looked! Thank you so much!

Sheryl King