New Lounger
    Thanks

Show contactdate field as Annual event in Calendar (2002)

I added a new field to my custom contact form in Outlook for "spouse's birthday". Now I want the date in this field to show in the annual scheduled events like the contacts birthday field does. I am a VBA illiterate but am a quick learner. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Show contactdate field as Annual event in Calendar (2002)

You want the spouse's birthday to show up in the contact's birthday reminder? Or do you want a recurring event to be created for the spouse when you enter a date in your spouse_birthday field? If the latter, do you use the built in Spouse Name field to store their name?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Old Dog,

"You want the spouse's birthday to show up in the contact's birthday reminder? Or do you want a recurring event to be created for the spouse when you enter a date in your spouse_birthday field? If the latter, do you use the built in Spouse Name field to store their name? "

I already use the contact's birthday field to show the contact's birthday as an annual event in the Calendar. In addition I want to show the spouse's birthday as an annual event in the Calendar, and hopefully this would be automatically generated when the date is entered in the newly-created "Spouses Birthday" field in the same Contact record, rather than creating a new Contact record for the Spouse. I do use the built in Spouse Name Field to store the spouse's name.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

OK. You would have to create a custom contact form with code that checks to see if there is a value in the spouse's birthdate field. If so, it would then go out and create the recurring event for you. The tricky part would be checking to see if the event is already out there.

This event would be linked back to the main contact record. This makes me wonder what action you intend to take because a mail merge or email would use the contact's information. Just thought I'd bring that up...