Lounger
    Thanks

WinXP Pro boot problems (WinXP Pro SP1)

Greetings all. Here I am one month from rolling out 1200 WinXP Pro notebooks and the boot time is slacking on me. All is good except for the period where the Windows desktop loads with no icons and sits there for about 1.25 minutes. It does something very similar for about a minute on shutdown. Bootvis from Microsoft isn't making a difference here.

Here's some more scenario details: Active Directory domain (this happens when not plugged in), PC-cillin 2003 - no firewall enabled (have removed this program from the picture with no impact), Office 2000 SR-1 with no patches (yet), Zone Labs Integrity Agent personal firewall, Symantec WinFax Pro.

I've solved issues before but this one is eluding me. Any ideas? Anyone good at interpreting the results of the Windows Event Viewer? Thanks in advance!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: WinXP Pro boot problems (WinXP Pro SP1)

<hr>Anyone good at interpreting the results of the Windows Event Viewer?<hr>
    Try http://www.eventid.net/search.asp

StuartR

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Re: WinXP Pro boot problems (WinXP Pro SP1)

Do you mean that this only happens when not plugged into the network? Are there errors in the Event Log? If so, what are they?

Joe
    Joe