Star Lounger
    Thanks

spell check (Word 2000)

I am working on a long biography on two different computers. Both have Word 2000 but Computer 1 is a Gateway with Windows 98 and Computer 2 is an HP with Windows ME. I carry the document back and forth on a 100mb zip drive which is installed on both computers. Word's spell check works fine on the Gateway but when I do Word's spell check on the HP, it skips over whole chapters that have misspellings. I tried to reset and turn on auto spell check on the HP but nothing seems to work. Could it be two incompatible dictionaries?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: spell check (Word 2000)

Hi Ron:
    On the machine where spell checking doesn't work, here's a couple of thoughts:
    1. Check under Tools/Spelling & Grammer/ & make sure the same options are checked.
    2. Also, in the same dialog box, press "recheck document".

If you have a custom dictionary on the HP machine, you might try disabling it also by clicking on "Dictionaries..." in the same dialog box & then unchecking it. I would have said to check the language settings, but that goes with the document, so that wouldn't explain why only one version spell checks. Hmmm, by the way, does the HP spell check other documents? Maybe the proofing tools aren't installed.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: spell check (Word 2000)

I'll check tonight on the HP but I think the spell check works fine on the HP on documents originating there. It is only on the switches that the problem develops.