Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Messages in two identities (OE6.00.2800.1123)

Having just got broadband, it is now feasible to leave Outlook Express open in each of two XP Pro userids, only one of which has two OE identities, for hours at a time, without incurring breathtakingly large dial-up costs.

I'd like to know, if setting up each identity to have "Check for new messages every thirty minutes", and messages are received when we're away from the PC, the message "nnn unread messages" will appear on the "Click your user name" screen:

a) for the userid which has only a single identity

[img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] for the userid which has two identities, and if so
    c) will the number of messages be the sum of the messages for both identities.

We haven't had enough messages available simultaneously yet, but I suppose I will be able to find the answers to this empirically over the next few weeks. But I wonder if anyone knows the answer Right Now?!

Thanks!
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Messages in two identities (OE6.00.2800.1123)

it shgould only work for the OE identity which is opened. or in the case of fast user switching, identities.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Messages in two identities (OE6.00.2800.1123)

Madam, the evidence is that you are entirely correct! Thank you! John
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...