Star Lounger
    Thanks

Office XP Pull Down Menu Icon (Office XP Pro)

I just installed Office XP Pro onto Windows XP Home SP-1. The PC is 1.4 Ghz Pentium 4 with 512 MB of RAM. I had Office 2000 installed and then installed TEXT Bridge 2.0 (OCR program). It placed an icon in WORD and EXCEL onto to the toolbar and on the pull down FILE menu. after installing Office XP Pro the Text Bridge icons were still there I managed to get rid of the Text Bridge icon on the toolbar In Office XP but it remains under the FILE pull down menu.

How can get rid of the Text Bridge icon in the pull down menu

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office XP Pull Down Menu Icon (Office XP Pro)

Depending of what you want to do and how did you install TextBridge, you can do following.

1. To remove TextBridge icon from drop-down menu, start Word, than click Tools | Customize. Customize window will be open. Then click File menu and drag and drop TextBridge icon out of the menu. Close Customize window. You can do the same in Excel.

2. To remove TextBridge add-in completely, remove TextBridge template from your Office installation. Unfortunately I don't remember what template name is (you have very old version of TextBridge, current version is 11), but you easily recognuze it by name. Look in the C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice10Startup, C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice10XLStart, Cocuments and Settings <your username> Application DataMicrosoftTemplates and possibly Cocuments and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataMicrosoftOfficeTemplates