Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

W2K - printing 2 pages/sheet

I like the idea of printing a long document (say, 10 pages or more) with two pages to each sheet of paper. Word 2000 lets me do this, but I'm not satisfied with the result. The "pages" appear too small as they sit there on the sheet. The gutter between the pages is too wide, and the 1" margins also look too big. One-inch top/bottom/side margins look great when I print the usual way, but with two per page, they're a bit much. How can I adjust these margins and the gutter...and, of course, slightly increase the effective font size of the text? BTW: I use Arial 12-pt in the original document.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: W2K - printing 2 pages/sheet

You have 2 alternatives

Open the file in Word XP and use Pages per Sheet as 2 and Scaling as Scale to Paper Size. You might have to experiment a bit to get it exactly to your satisfaction.

Create a PDF from the existing Word file which gives the unsatisfactory result, crop the PDF to reduce the margins and re-distill the resultant PDF using Acrobat 5.0 with the new page settings, and with the option "Expand small pages to paper size" in the File|Print dialog.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Rajesh!

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Another Option: When printing, select 2 pages to one sheet, and set Scale to Page Size to Legal. Yea, you need a printer that will recognize legal paper (you don't say what type of printer you are using or whether paper size is an issue for you), but you will be able to get a noticeably larger printout of each page as compared to Letter.

Thanks

Or you can buy a third party product like FinePrint.