New Lounger
    Thanks

Project 2002 Standard Reports (Project 2000 & 2002)

Project has some standard reports that a user can generate and print. Does anyone know if Project has the capability to save these reports in HTML so that they can be posted to the WEB. We have users all over and want them to be able to view the reports from our WEB site.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Project 2002 Standard Reports (Project 2000 & 2002)

Yes, however it did not apply to this issue. The reports I am concerned about can be found under the View Menu. When the report is displayed, the only option is to print it. Thanks for your suggestion.

Thanks

Actually, Michaels' response was correct. The standard reports can be viewed in MS Project, however, the answer to question 16 does provide the steps to get the data to HTML for viewing.

You cant directly create an HTML file of the standard reports from the report viewed as you request. You will need to use the export map to get the data to HTML or create the report via other means.

You may be able to create a GIF image and save that image as an HTML document - well, not for the standard reports. Perhaps you could use Adobe Acrobat and print to distiller to create an image to get to HTML.

Unfortunately, I believe you will be stuck with using the export maps or other means to create the HTML files of the standard reports. Please post back if you figure out another way to do this.

HTH
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

New Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by WebGenii on 08-Jan-03 15:05. to add link)</P>Hi,

have a look at http://www.mvps.org/project with the FAQ's and see question 16 To save HTML formats.

Maybe, this works

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions Gary, however in Project 2000 you are not able to export the maps. I am not able to find any way of saving a standard report in Project. This may need to be submitted to Microsoft as a suggestion for future upgrades.

Michael

Thanks

These functions are provided by Project Central (a part of Project 2K), I can't remember if it is part of the standard Project '02 offering or not.

Cheers
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Thanks

I am not sure I understand why you say you can't export the Map data. In your file, one of the Save As selections under File, Save As, is to save as a Web Page. (This basically creates an HTML document). This links you to the export map to get to the data. Either use what is available as a selection or create a new map. You are still correct in that you can't directly export the standard report format, however, you should be able to export the data or any data generated in a standard report to an HTML format.

HTH

Post immediately edited for a correction.
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)