jstackpo

Too Many Addressbooks

First an apology -- I posted this a while back then completely forgot to check back...

Too Many Address Books!

A "Windows Address Book" (Program: wab.exe; data in "my-name".wab) comes with Outlook Express.

A "Personal Address Book" (pab) is associated with Windows Messaging, data in addressbook.pab

A personal.pst address book seems to be related to Outlook (which I used to have installed, but no more.)

Word 97 pulls up the pab, OE pulls up wab

(Word97 USED to pull up the personal.pst address book when Outlook was installed. It is now unreadable by anything.)

Is there any way to teach WORD to use the wab so all this stuff gets coordinated?

Is there any way to read my (old) addresses in personal.pst, short of reinstalling Outlook?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Too Many Addressbooks

i thought word only uses mapi messaging (outlook) not express's, so you can't use the wab in word. export it to a text file.

pst need a mapi client to read it.. can export to a text file if you reinstall outlook, then uninstall outlook. otherwise, not really. there are some other mapi clients that can read it but they would need installed and i'm not sure they can export.

jstackpo

Re: Too Many Addressbooks

Please take a look at the thread with the same name as this one on the WORD forum.

Sorry about the duplication of threads -- I promise not to do it again!

J