2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Tabs Don't Have Any Colors (Excel XP)

I have two users who have a vexing problem: their sheet tabs don't have any color, so they are unable to tell which is the active sheet by looking at the tabs. They are not using any special templates nor are they using tab coloring. It doesn't make any difference whether they are working on a file of their own or one someone else sends them. No matter what Excel file they use, the sheet tabs have no color at all, not even the active ones. As a workaround they are forced to select all the tabs each time they open a workbook and color them so they can see at a glance what the active sheet is. But they (and I) would like to find a more permanent solution. Has anyone seen anything like this?

Thanks in advance,

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Tabs Don't Have Any Colors (Excel XP)

I don't have XP, so this may be way off: have these users by any chance selected or modified a color scheme (for Windows) so that 3D objects are white? The color for 3D objects is the color used for tabs that are not selected.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

George, how do the tabs show: is there simply no difference between the appearance of the active sheet(s) tab(s) and the inactive sheet(s) tab(s), are they all white without text, or what?

Have these users changed their Control Panel, Display, Appearance settings? See if resetting the Scheme to Windows Classic resolves the problem. (Restarting may be required.)
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No, that is not the case. I checked their color schemes and they are using Windows Classic with Default Blue. On my machine (same general configuration) those settings display the tabs normally. Can't figure this one out...

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi John,

Their tabs show the text all right, but the background is a kind of silvery white and the active tab does not change coloring in any way. Their Display Property settins are set to Windows Classic. That's what makes this such a puzzle.

Thanks

Are they grouped?
    Though I don't thing grouping persists beyond closing a file.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Grouping persists through a save, close and reopen, but if all are grouped, as soon as the user clicks one tab they ungroup.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS