Lounger
    Thanks

word tables into access database

I want to take a word table (there is one for every client) and make it/put it into a *new* access database, which would then contain ALL these tables in one database. the word table has 12 columns, with between 10 and 25 records in each table. i would also need to add 2 columns, getting the data for those columns from the header of the word table (i.e. case name and pleading name).

any ideas--better than manually copying the word table into the access database, then adding the case name and pleading manually into the proper portions of the new columns??

Thanks

Re: word tables into access database

HI,
    If you have a look at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.helenfeddema.com/CodeSamples.htm>Helen Feddema's site</A> the last example is about loading Word tables into Access.
    Hope that helps.
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: word tables into access database

THANKS!!! i found other neat stuff there too! it's too bad i have to do work, instead of play with all these ideas. it's like being in the library or encyclopaedia--i just go off on tangents and rarely get back to what i started looking for! [but that's how you get self-taught, isn't it?]
    thanks again for the site.