2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Access is not listening!! (Access 97)

are there any circumstances where the expression "Forms!frmMainMenu.Visible = True" would ever return "False" immediately after it was executed? (basically like if access just ignored the command when it proccessed it). I have a main menu form that turns invisible when it switches to another form, then back to visible again when it the other form closes. However even though i am setting the visible property back to true, the form remains invisible. I am completely stumped here... Any help would be greatly appreciated

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access is not listening!! (Access 97)

Well, it looks like the problem lies in that i had the modal property of the main menu set to yes... I turned it off and things worked again.. Does anybody know why this would happen?

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access is not listening!! (Access 97)

I'm not quite sure what you were doing, but if the form you opened up when you hid the main menu was also modal, then you wouldn't be able to show the main menu again while the other one was visible. You can only open another modal form or make it visible if you hide or close the modal form you call it from. Basically, you're allowed one modal form active at a time because that's the nature of modal forms.
    Charlotte