2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

print a report (2k)

How can i print a report at printer Epson lq1170 ?
    i try to print it but the first page is good , second do removal some spase , third also removal more spase . My report is 50 pages , i want the first page like the last page from the footer & header . ( The paper is 80 colom only not 136 )
    Many thanks
    Ashraf

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: print a report (2k)

What kind of printer is the epson, laser, inkjet, dot matrix or what? What exactly do you mean by it "removing space"? Do you mean the top of the printed page starts farther and farther down the actual page? Or is it migrating the other way? I use to see this kind of behavior with dot matrix printers because their paper handling was continuous, whether the application liked it or not, and the pins could slip. If one page was off, the effect was cumulative. It's one of the best reasons I had for getting a laser printer as soon as they became reasonably priced.
    Charlotte

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank u Charlotte ;
    my printer : Epson LQ 1170 dot matrix
    Do you mean the top of the printed page starts farther and farther down the actual page? Yes i mean that .
    Printing in laser printer is good no problems
    Wait ur replay .
    Thanks u Advanced
    ashraf

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm sorry but I can't be of much help except to suggest that you use the laser printer. Dot matrix printers don't start at the top of each page the way lasers and inkjet printers do. They move down a line for each band of information and they add lines for bottom and top margins in the document, etc. All I can suggest is that you make sure your margins exactly match the paper size. You may also run into problems if you have CanGrow and CanShrink turned on, but I really can't remember since it's been at least 8 years since the last time I used a dot matrix printer. So few people try to use dot matrix printers for reports anymore that you'll just have to wait until someone with a dot matrix can help you or switch printers.
    Charlotte

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Hi Ashrafk,
    Like Charlotte, it's been 10 years or more since I used a dot matrix printer, but I think the one I used was actually the same Epson you have. One possible issue is the paper being set to A4 size, but the actual paper being US Letter size. Another possibility is that the paper is set to A4 in the print driver, but the printer actually thinks it has Letter Size. Another possible issue is that a margin has been set in the printer - at least it seems to me you could do that, and that margin is larger than the print settings on the report design. Hope this gives you some ideas to try.
    Wendell