Star Lounger
    Thanks

Schedule Form (2002 (XP))

I am looking for a form that I can use to select a block of time. I am working on a db that schedules appointments and would like to have a form where I could select a time range on a given day, similar to what you have in ACT! or Outlook. I have used calendar and clock forms to select specific dates and times but was wondering if there was anything to select a block of time. Any help appreciated

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Schedule Form (2002 (XP))

Hi Ed,
    I don't know of anything in the standard bag of Access goodies, but we've used an ActiveX control from a company called DBI Technologies that gives capabilities much like Outlook's calendar function. Prior to that we resorted to trickery to use Outlook to create data in Access, but it never worked all that well.
    Wendell

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Wendell,

I had a feeling it was a very custom thing. Do you know of a good clock form I could use for selecting times? The one I have now is kind of lame. Thanks for the help

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I believe DBI has some sort of control that is a clock, but didn't check. All of their stuff are unbound controls, so you do have to do some VBA behind the scenes to capture data once they've collected it, but it isn't super hard. The only other clock I've run into is available at http://scott.nighthawk.ca/, and I doubt it will let you select a block, though I haven't played with it.
    Wendell