New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2002 ((10.4608.4219) SP-2)

Have just upgraded to Office XP and hence Outlook 2002. Have been in communication with Microsoft re an anomaly which they seem unable to help with. When I access the Address Book in Word either via the Envelopes Icon or The Address Book Icon the only contacts I can Access are those with an email address or a fax number. None of the other contacts appear. If I access Contacts via Outlook and give a contact a false email address it appears in Address Book!

Any suggestions

Brian

Thanks

Re: Outlook 2002 ((10.4608.4219) SP-2)

I think Word picks up what Outlook considers to be the e-mail address book. That is, what you have designated as the Address Book for purposes of addressing e-mail messages. I don't have XP, but in Outlook 2000 Corporate/Workgroup mode, there is a two step process for adding the Contacts folder (for example) as an Address Book. You might not need all of these steps (e.g., try Step 2 first and go back to Step 1 if the box is grayed out):

[list=1]<LI>Add an Outlook Address Book service to your profile. (Tools

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 2002 ((10.4608.4219) SP-2)

Thanks for your interest it is much appreciated. I have been in communication with Microsoft for the past 2 weeks trying to solve this problem and since I was getting nowhere thought I would resort to the Lounge. They actually came up with the solution last evening! There is a 'known problem', would you believe, which required me to edit the Registry! I performed the action and the problem was solved. No patch, no download for the customer to repair a known fault, bite the bullet and edit your Registry. We pay a lot of money for upgrades, which have faults in them and have to repair them ourselves.

Brian