4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

MsConfig - Startup

I have deleted ZoneAlarm from my PC, but I still have an entry in the startup tab in msconfig.

I have cleared out all other deleted entries in the registry, but according to msconfig, this entry does not appear in this bit of the registry, but is run from "Common Startup Group".

Can anyone help me remove this please. I've tried a search of the archives, but didn't come across anything.

Thanks

Colin

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MsConfig - Startup

I'm thinking Common Startup means the Startup entry in your Start Menu. Have you looked there? Haven't ever removed ZoneAlarm, but many programs don't clean up after themselves too well.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Al's nailed it. The Common Startup Group is typically located at C:Windows All Users Start Menu Programs Startup. You could go to the folder in Explorer and delete the shortcut, or remove it from MSCONFIG and accomplish the same thing. What you're looking for isn't in the registry - although it would be peachy if Windows would tell you where the shortcut lived (registry or folder on the hard drive).
    -Mark

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks to Al & Mark.

In fact it wasn't there, and I should have said that I had already checked it.

But, your answers made me think, and I found it sitting nicely in Disabled Startup items.

Obvious really, once you think about it.

Thanks again, it was your answers that put me on the right track.

Colin