Star Lounger
    Thanks

Moving pst files x PCs (2000 SR1)

Wonder if anyone knows a solution to this? I just changed my PC. Moved .pst file to new computer. Deleted existing (empty) pst file on new computer. Started up Outlook 2000 and showed it where new .pst is. Now I seem to have 2 Personal Folders showing in Outlook's Folder List. Both of the "Outlook Today [Personal Folders]" have the same folders and files and both have the same file path - i.e. are the same pst file. I can't close delete either. Any ideas?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Moving pst files x PCs (2000 SR1)

Have you gone to Tools | Services to see if there are duplicate entries? You can select an entry in the services list and click properties to see the actual path.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi thanks for replying. I should have added that Outlook is in internet only mode, so there isn't a Services option. There are onlt one set of email Accounts. BTW, it's running on Windows XP whereas the old one was one Win2000 if that makes any difference?
    Does that prompt any thoughts?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Sounds like the same file is opening twice. What happens if you right click one them at the parent (Outlook Today) level and select Close, then close OL and reopen it?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Star Lounger
    Thanks

That's the problem. If I right click on either Personal Folder and select Close I get the message "You cannot close the personal folders file that contains your calendar, contacts and POP mailbox" Nothing else happens, and both return if I reopen Outlook. Hmm. Wonder what would happen if I moved the file... Ahaa

Sorted! When it reopened there were three version of Personal Folders, but two couldn't find their .pst files (because I'd moved it elsewhere). Then I was able to right-click and delete them. Odd!

Many thanks for your help guys. Why it happened I still don't know, but I seem to have found a work around.