Star Lounger
    Thanks

Change Meeting Organizer (XP/SP2 on W2k)

We had an employee who has left our branch. She had scheduled a recurring meeting. She was able to delete her meeting without notification to others. However, now there is no way to change the meeting date or time without having to delete the meeting and re-enter it again.

Is there a way to change the meeting organizer so that updates can be made without recreation?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Change Meeting Organizer (XP/SP2 on W2k)

I'm pretty sure you need the original appointment because it stores all the setup and pointers. Perhaps someone could log on as that user and check to see if the appointment is still in the deleted items folder. If so, it could be dragged back to the calendar. I'm not sure it will still work, but it might be worth a try...

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm interested in this question, and don't know the answer, but I don't think there is a good answer.

OldDog, even if the item is restored as you recommend, is it at all possible to retain the meeting yet change the meeting originator? A meeting originator or delegate can send updates to change attendees, but can they change the originator? It seems to me that all instance of the recurring meeting will have to be cancelled by someone acting as the departed originator, and the new originator start afresh.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I believe you're right about starting fresh. There's much about the "black box" to how meeting requests are handled and I'm pretty sure starting over is the most efficient way to go.

Unless the originators account/mail box has been deleted, I think the best bet is to log on as that user. And you have to have the original item no matter what because all the information about the event is either stored with it or is tied back to it by various IDs. Without the ID data and attendees you can't go out and update the other users appointments. I'm doing some guessing here, but it's based on how one works with this stuff via code so I think I'm close. I'd love to hear other ideas too...

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

objAppointmentItem.Organizer

Are you pointing to the Organizer Property of the Appointment Item being a Read-only String?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you both for the comments and suggestions. I would think it would be best if the originator could 'pass' on the meeting to another originator. In the tracking tab you can change the attendees from required to optional using the drop list. However, there are no options for the Meeting organizer.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi ValB,
    I don't know if you or your company uses the Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003 server, but at my company (I'm the Help Desk operator in our company's Systems Dept) we use the Microsoft Exchange 2003 servers. I can log on from my PC onto our network as the email admin and get into the user's account or if it's a conference room (resource) account that contains the original meeting, I can get into that and change/delete any meetings necessary in the Calendar. Also our company's reception desk can modify/delete or change the meeting.

Hope that helps.
    Kim