Silver Lounger
    Springfield, Ohio, USA

Change Chart 'ToolTip' (XL 2K)

If you have a chart sheet, then whenever the pointer is over a portion of the chart, a "tool-tip" appears with the series name, the point, and the XY-coordinates. Is there anyway with VBA and API calls to change the tooltip? In my case, the series are actually single points that are plotted on top of a map, so I would rather display the lat/long. In the attached picture the (101, -326) should have the lat/long instead. I could use the mouse-move event to trigger the update, but this event doesn't give the series/point that the pointer is over. I currently display the information with a modeless userform which is updated with the select event, but it would be much nicer if the userform always matched the tool-tip or all of the info was in the tool-tip. TIA --Sam
    Attached Images Attached Images
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA

Re: Change Chart 'ToolTip' (XL 2K)

Why not overlay the picture onto a chart sheet that is setup with the XY-coords being the latitude and Longitude?
    Then when you select the point the latitute/longitude will be given in the tooltip