New Lounger
    Thanks

Office 2000 SP-3 email merge delay (Office 2000/SP3)

Has anyone else noticed the delay imposed on email merges using Access 2000, Word 2000, and Outlook 2000? If you use Word to create a merge document and merge to email using data from access 2000, you face a message that a possible unauthorized program is trying to send email. You can allow this activity for a specified number of minutes (1,5, or 10, I think), however, you still face a 5 second delay for every message being sent! You then can hit ok and then wait for the next message to press ok again. 100 messages = over 8 minutes to merge. Using SP-1 the wait was no more than 10 seconds to merge.

As far as I can tell this is part of Microsoft's increased security and there is no choice if using SP-2 or 3.

Thanks

Re: Office 2000 SP-3 email merge delay (Office 2000/SP3)

I do not see a documented workaround: Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 262634 - OL2000: Known Issues with the Outlook E-mail Security Update.

Is the target of your merge a text message body or a document attachment? Perhaps there is another way to get there.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office 2000 SP-3 email merge delay (Office 2000/SP3)

These are text based messages. I agree that there doesn't seem to be any work around except to go back to SP-1, which I am inclined to do.