New Lounger
    Thanks

Records (Access 2000)

I need to add a quantity of records based on an unbound QTY field in a form. Example: we mfg parts in lots that are to be serialized at the final operation. I want the user to enter a lot number and qty in a form and press an "issue" button to add the above qty of records to a table.

Any suggestions

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Records (Access 2000)

I presume the serial number you want to create has some sort of format to it that an autonumber field would not satisfy. If that's the case, then you would need some VBA to do a recordset manipulation, and create whatever your serial number looks like. But the simplest way to do this is with DAO or ADO recordset VBA code that inserts a new record and sets the lot number, so you might as well do it in VBA. So basically you want an OnClick event for your ISSUE button that checks for a valid number in the Lot Number control and then loops that many times doing a record insert. If you need sample code, post back and I'm sure someone can create it for you.
    Wendell

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Records (Access 2000)

Is this the same question you asked here? If so, it would have been better to expand on the original post instead of starting over in a new thread.
    Charlotte