Star Lounger
    Thanks

Tax form - 1099 (2000)

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of a 1099 form online or already setup as a Word document. One of our depts at work needs to fill them out and doesn't want to use a typewriter or try to get a printout from Word lined up onto the preprinted paper form.

Thanks!

Thanks

Re: Tax form - 1099 (2000)

1099-MISC, right? You could try searching the web for sites that offer Word templates. I guess the official form would be scanned in as a background and formfields created on top of it. Not what Word is best at...

You also might find an Acrobat version, perhaps even an official one. (I haven't visited the IRS to check.) Acrobat Reader can fill in forms designed for that purpose, but to save them, or to add your own fill-in fields, you need a paid version, so this might entail a software purchase.

You also could try the following, although I don't know how good the interface is for multiple contractors:

TurboTax Business - "W-2/1099 Reporter prepares and prints W-2 and 1099-MISC forms for employees and contractors. TurboTax Business performs the calculations automatically!"

TurboTax Premier Home & Business - "Prepares and prints W-2 and 1099-MISC forms for employees and contractors" (slightly cheaper than the above)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Acrobat Approval 5.0 is a low-cost alternative for filling in forms and being able to save them. It used to be distributed only by IRS as part of the Small Business package as a freebie, and does work with their online forms. I think so many people started asking for it that Acrobat now offers it as a retail product.
    Karen

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Jefferson

You don't need the full Acrobat to complete Acrobat forms if your internet browser is used to open the file. So they may not need a licence issue if they load the form onto a Web/intranet page.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia