New Lounger
    Thanks

Top margin changes when file saved (WordXP)

I have found a problem when I open a file in the "Print Layout" view. The first line is pushed down to about 1/2" or more past the top page margin (0.17"), this prints the whole page too far down.
    If I switch to "Normal" or "Outline" view the first line moves to the very top of the page where it should be. And the page prints correctly.
    When I save the file the top line is pushed down again. Not a huge problem now, but the page is a mail merge and I suspect this problem will be a nightmare down the road.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Top margin changes when file saved (WordXP)

Hello, Hix. Please bear with me as I ask a few questions:
    <UL><LI>Have you loaded any of the Office XP Updates?
    <LI>Is this only happening on the one file?
    <LI>Do you have track changes or comments in the file?
    <LI>Check in Tools/Options/Track Changes, do you have balloons turned on?
    <LI>Check in File / Page Setup / Layout, do you have something other than Top set for Vertical Alignment?
    <LI>If the file's not sensitive or too large (100K max file size -- you can find out in File / Properties), could you attach it?[/list]I don't find it peculiar that you can't see the problem on-screen in either Normal or Outline view because neither are WYSIWYG. However, it is unusual that the view affects the printing.
    Karen

Thanks

Re: Top margin changes when file saved (WordXP)

Well, as you know, you can't go by Normal or Outline view to judge the end result, because they hide the headers and footers. If the Header and Footer margins are larger than your page margins, the page margins usually will be adjusted to make room for them. What are your Top, Bottom, Header and Footer margin settings?