Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Summing By Day (2000)

I am in the energy business and I purchase fuel on a daily basis for delivery throughout a given month. For example, I might purchase 3100 gallons of No. 2 fuel oil sometime in December and have it scheduled for delivery in 100 gallon increments on each day throughout the month of January. In addition, I might also purchase 300 gallons on the 10th of January to be delivered on the 11th, 12th and 13th (again, in 100 increments; in addition, I might also have this 300 gallons delivered all in one day, say, on the 12th). Finally, I might also purchase, say, 1600 gallons on the 12th to be delivered in 100 gallon increments on the 16th-31st. What I would like to do is summarize on a daily basis the total deliveries on each day. I currently have my spreadsheet set up as follows: column A-name of Seller, column B-total gallons purchased, column C-date purchased, column D-beginning delivery date, column E-ending delivery date. I know there is an easy answer-I am just baffled as to what it is! Any ideas?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Summing By Day (2000)

Does the attached workbook do what you want? It uses array formulas to calculate the deliveries for each day, assuming that the deliveries of a single purchase are *always* distributed evenly (the same amount every day from beginning to ending date).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Pivot table
    SUMIF formulas
    Array formulas
    Data Tables

Should all give you want you want, depending on all the requirements. Example? Details?

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,
    Looks like you did the trick!
    I will test it on my data and let you know.
    Thanks,
    Jeff