New Lounger
    Thanks

Peer-to-Peer with Router

I have a speedstream wireless router with print server but would like to add peer-to-peer to the network. Do I have to buy a wireless hub?

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Peer-to-Peer with Router

Each computer (or device) needs a wireless network card. If the router is located near a computer, you can directly wire them with an ethernet cable provided the speedstream router has one or more network ports. If you are trying to add your printer to the network via the router, you can simply connect the printer with a parallel cable to the router. With the software that came with the router, you should be able to see the printer from any computer on the network. As for a wireless hub, there is no such thing as a wireless hub. If you mean a wireless station, your router works as a station.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I have one pc wired to the router and the others all have wireless cards. Do you know if I can set up a peer-to-peer network with the router?

Lounger
    Thanks

Yes and it is easy with a router. I need more info about each of your computers, but generally, you make C drive on each PC sharable and you go to Network Neighborhood and see if you can see the other computers. Windows 98 has a home network wizard. Do not use it. With the entry of a router, home network has got far easier than a few years ago. Go to Google.com and type "Home Network Router". You will get a bunch of sites that explain how to do home networking. I just tried the search and saw "My Home Network: Wireless..." This page has a step-by-step guide for home networking. Of course you can post any specific questions here that a number of gurus in this group will help you with.

S.