New Lounger
    Thanks

Access 97/FileTypes (97/SR 1)

I'm having a problem getting my queries to go into Excel. I run the query, save as/export, external file, and there is not Microsoft 97 in save as file type. I'm not sure where it went. I've been doing this for months. I have uninstalled and reinstall doing a custom install and selecting all twice but it still does not show up. I saw analysis it with MS Excel and that worked althought I do not know what that feature is. Can you tell me how to get excel back into my file types.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access 97/FileTypes (97/SR 1)

You mean that when you drop down the Save As Type list, Microsoft Excel 97 (*.xls) is not available? Are any other Excel versions listed?
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

This can be done by using a macro. Start a new macro and in the Action column use the output to and in the condition in the bottom of the screen select Object Type : Query OBject Name: "Name of the Query" Output format select excel file format and then in the file name you have to use the location such as "C:My Documentfile name.xls" put the xls on the end so excell can find it easy. This should work.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thats correct. It use to be. THe only thing that is in there is access, 3 dbases, four foxpro,s word merge, rich text, Microsoft IIs, Microsoft active server pages and ODBC Databases

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Is Excel installed on the machine? In your office setup, did you include the Excel converters?
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

Yes I did a custom install and selected everything. Microsoft Office Professional 97. All programs from office are installed.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

You may be missing the ISAM driver Registry keys for Excel. This earlier post & related posts have links to MSKB articles that describe problem & possible solutions, this may apply to your situation:

<!post=Re: Import Excel (Office 97),157250>Re: Import Excel (Office 97)<!/post>

HTH