2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

page copy to different pc

As a new user of FP2000 and a deadline to meet, would like to create a page at home to include in the company pc web pages. Is there a way to do this? and if so, should my homemade page include or not include any componants?
    Sure would make life easier

Thanks

Re: page copy to different pc

If your existing site is a FrontPage web, you probably can import your home creations into the official repository of your site, and then have it published to the web without too much difficulty. However, there is the issue of getting everything matched up if you start from scratch; you might want to first import your web site to your machine, so that shared borders, links, and other FP things are all together.

(Note: We have had difficulty importing graphics that are called in JavaScript functions when importing a web into FP. You should test your web thoroughly on a nonproduction machine before overwriting the existing web.)

If your existing site is not a FrontPage web, then developing with FP bells and whistles might be a waste of time. If you don't already know whether the server has FrontPage server extensions, it still might be convenient to use FP to create pages, but your advanced functionality may end up being limited.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanx for responding. Both pc's have FP2000 loaded, so that's not a problem. I guess I'm asking how to "export" the home created page to a floppy disk to take to the work pc. Drag and drop?
    From what you say I should be able to import it from the floppy. Would I create a new page first? or...?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

There's nothing magical about FP, you can do a file copy using Windows Explorer (MyComputer icon) from your web directory to your floppy. Or you can open the page in FP and do a Save As to your floppy. Then import on the other side...

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanx all. Appreciate your assistance. I'll do a test drive tonight.