New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2K SP3 is a disaster (o2ksp3)

Hi,

After WWW recent ringing endorsement for o2ksp3 I downloaded and installed it. After doing so Mail Merge between Word and Outlook, as described by WWW, no longer works. Previously it worked very well. Also, I couldn't download or send email. So I'd have to say that o2ksp3 still has some major problems. Anyone have solutions?

Gregory

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 2K SP3 is a disaster (o2ksp3)

are you getting any error messages?

if you are using a firewall, there is a known issue with some firewall software blocking the updated versions. you need to set the firewall to allow the new version to connect.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi MJ,

I do use Zone Alarm basic. THere was no comment that I saw suggesting this would be a problem. As far as error messages go, there is a dialogue that comes up and says that a program is trying to access my email list, I click Allow and then it goes into a loop of this same process over and over.

Thanks,
    Gregory

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Zone alarm is one of the programs that blocks the updated version... you'll need to go into the properties and tell it to allow outlook.

For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm. You'll want to use a program called ClickYes, it's listed at slipstick as one of the ways to get past the new security blocks. You might also want to start mail merges from outlook, not word, as i believe it doesn't cause the security warnings.