2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Lost PST Files won't close or delet (Outlook 2000 SR1)

I had received an additional PST file, saved it on my desktop, opened it for a second personal file in Outlook and moved the Items needed into my main personal folder. The mistake came when I closed Outlook and deleted the 2nd PST file from my desktop. It IS Gone forever.
    Now I open Outlook and the 2nd personal folder in listed in the folder list, but any highlighting or attempt to delete or close it results in the error message
    " the set of folder could not be opened. The file C:Windowsdesktop......pst could not be found."
    This happens whether I right of left click the folder placeholder. Does anyone know a way for me to delete this listing when the actual PST file it refers to is non existant?
    Thanks for your most insightful help.

Thanks

Re: Lost PST Files won't close or delet (Outlook 2000 SR1)

Try:
    Make a copy of your good .pst and move that to your desktop (and name it the same as the one you deleted.)
    Open Outlook, and it should find and open the replacement.
    Delete (remove) the new .pst from within Outlook.
    Close and re-open Outlook. It should have lost it's connection to the desktop .pst and you can safely delete it.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Lost PST Files won't close or delet (Outlook 2000 SR1)

I had almost the exact same thing happen. My auto archive now will not complete because it cannot find fluffy.pst, an old archive file that I deleted. I followed your steps--copied the new archive file to E:, where Outlook is looking for Fluffy. I then renamed that file "Fluffy.pst." Then I launched Outlook and added that file to Services. Then I opened that new file in Outlook. I then removed that file from within Outlook, closed and reopened Outook. No change. When I right click on it within Outlook I get the message " The set of folders could not be opened. The file E:Fluffy.pst could not be found."