Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Chart Design (2000)

I just can't make the chart in the ChartAnno report of the attached mdb fill the whole of the page in Print Preview; what's the secret?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Chart Design (2000)

What exactly do you mean by "fill the whole page"? The page as defined in the report design or the screen? And have you tried it with a different printer driver?
    Charlotte

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Charlotte,
    I mean what you obtain on the screen once you click the Preview button in the Database Window.
    Unfortunately I can't change driver because I need to obtain a pdf file from the Print Preview window.
    Any lead?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

So are you trying to maximize the preview window or are you trying to fill the maximized window with the chart? I don't have the pdf printer driver on my machine, so I can't really see the thing as you might. It you put a DoCmd.Maximize in the Form_Load event, that will maximize the preview window.
    Charlotte

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

I'm trying to fill the maximized window with the chart. If you've succeeded in doing that with the driver at your disposal, could you please post the mdb so that I can choose the acrobat driver once I open the chart and see if the chart still fills the whole of the page?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm not sure I understand. Are you after the effect of clicking on the preview to zoom it?
    Charlotte

Thanks

Your Picture Size Mode is set to Clip. Try setting it to Zoom or Stretch as well as adding the docmd.max on open as suggested by Charlotte.
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Gary,
    I tried setting Picture Size Mode to Zoom or Stretch as well as adding the docmd.max on open as suggested by Charlotte but the pesky chart still won't fill the whole of the page: the rightmost portion of the page still remains empty. If you've succeeded in doing that with the driver at your disposal, could you please post the mdb so that I can choose the acrobat driver once I open the chart and see if the chart still fills the whole of the page?

Thanks

You say you are trying to obtain a pdf from the print preview. If you are using Acrobat, when printing, set your printer to print to acrobat to create the pdf (i.e., use Acrobat distiller). If the print preview isn't getting the full screen, did you check your page setup options?

I actually can't create a pdf on my machine, however, your graphics do open full screen. I would re-investigate Charlotte's suggestion as well.
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It is quite rare for a report to exactly fill a page in preview. It will either overflow the screen window or fit into the window proportionately. Which one are you trying for and not getting? And what difference does it make? The PDF file isn't created from the preview anyhow.
    Charlotte

Thanks

... Something simple to try. In design mode, did you double click on the chart and then expand the chart by selecting a corner and dragging outward to re-size the size of the chart on the form?
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, I did, both with the border of the chart proper and the border of the chart plot and after doing that two things happen:
    1) the chart doesn't budge.
    2) if you go into design mode and double click on the chart you see the borders have been brought back to where they were originally.
    Should I give up?

Thanks

... No don't give up. If the graph size isn't changing then check the graphs' properties for width and height. The graph will change back to the original size if you exceed these settings. Increase the graphs property settings for 8.5 x 11 landscape to 10.5 width and 8 height and then resize the graph accordingly. Set the size mode to zoom as well. The graphic should then fill the screen in print preview.
    Regards,

Gary
    (It's been a while!)