4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Print just the pages with comments... (2k SR1)

Hi,

The Insert -> Comments function is a useful feature of Word2000. Now I want to print just the pages which have comments, along with their comments.
    How can I do that? Do I have to MANUALLY go to these pages & send them individually?
    Maybe there is some add-on which can automate this?

I have quite a large doc. so such a tweak would save much work/time.

Thanks,

m.q.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Print just the pages with comments... (2k SR1)

Unfortunately, m.q., I don't have an easy or good answer. In Word 2000:
    <UL><LI>going to File / Print you can designate for comments to be printed, but it creates separate page(s) as needed and provides page references only... not to specific text.
    <LI>going to Tools / Options / Print, you can indicate that hidden text and comment text be printed with the document, but then it prints a sheet of all comments after the pages which contain the comments[/list]Although you could record a macro to print the current page and go to the next comment and run it as many times as needed, I don't believe you're really going to like the result. If you have access to Word 2002, it handles this much better.
    Karen

Thanks

Re: Print just the pages with comments... (2k SR1)

To print the pages containing comments, you could adapt the macro in this thread: Print pages with changes (Word 2000).

As for printing the comments alone, try recording a macro of using File>Print..., changing the "Print what" dropdown to Comments, and clicking okay. That should give you the code.