Star Lounger
    Thanks

Omit Certain Fields from Spellcheck Form Macro (Word 2000)

Hi, I've created a protected form in Word and as always I've used the Spellcheck macro that I suppose everyone uses. BUT there are 4 formfields in the form that I do not want to include in the Spellcheck because they are in vertical text format and it seems to hang up the Spellcheck and/or crash Word completely when those fields refresh. I know the code modification to only include certain fields in the Spellcheck - but is there a modification to NOT include certain fields in the spellcheck? Thanks. - Sherry

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Omit Certain Fields from Spellcheck Form Macro (Word 2000)

If those fields are formatted with a language of "No Proofing" then they will be ignored in the spell check. This means you won't have to code them into the macro at all.

You may need to check that the macro does not change the language of the fields when it does the spell check though.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Omit Certain Fields from Spellcheck Form Macro (Word 2000)

Hi Andrew,

I had tried the No Proofing setting but it didn't make any difference at all which surprised me. But now that you mention the "change the language of the fields" tidbit, that's probably why. I will check that out. Thanks alot. - Sherry