New Lounger
    Thanks

Word linking to Powerpoint (Word 97 SR-2)

I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to bump up against any built-in memory limits for Word or Powerpoint. I am creating a document that will necessitate me having approximately 70 links from Word to different parts of a Powerpoint presentation. My first question is whether Word will allow me to do this many links. I ran into a problem trying to create lot of links in Powerpoint a while ago and was wondering if Word had some of the same limitations.
    The second question is whether I'm going to be able to link to different slides within one presentation or if I need to create many different presentations (one for each link) and have the links point to the different presentations. Please help! Thanks!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word linking to Powerpoint (Word 97 SR-2)

> I wouldn't think that 70 links should cause problems, but perhasps others have more experience with that...

My experience isn't PowerPoint specific. I had a utility that added large numbers of links to a word document, after adding 200 to 300 it would regularly cause word to hang, this appeared be a resource problem and could be reproduced by doing the same tasks manually in Word. I would recommend exiting from word and restarting it after adding 100 or so links.

StuartR

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word linking to Powerpoint (Word 97 SR-2)

Second question first: the Insert Hyperlink / Edit Hyperlink dialog in Word 97 has two text boxes: the upper one for specifying the file path or URL to link to, the lower one for specifying a named location within the file or URL. For Powerpoint presentations, you can enter the slide number in the lower box. When you activate the hyperlink, it will jump to the slide with specified number.

I wouldn't think that 70 links should cause problems, but perhaps others have more experience with that...