Star Lounger
    Thanks

Microsoft CD Wizard (XP Professional)

I am using Backup Now! (v. 2+)software to back up files at 3:00 AM. Changed my file designation and in the morning, after the Backup Now program runs, I have a dialog box from the MS CD Wizard asking if it should write the files, do it later or delete. The files have already been successfully written to CD. What is this Microsoft CD Wizard and how can I turn it off??

Thanks in advance,
    Georgette

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Microsoft CD Wizard (XP Professional)

Did the screen look something like my attachment? (I clipped it from TweakUI XP, NOT the CD Wizard) I don't know anything about your backup program, but if the CD Wizard looked something like my attachment, there should be a check-off at the bottom called "Take No Action," and a box for "do this all the time" (or words to that effect). You might try selecting those and see if the windows stops coming up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Microsoft CD Wizard (XP Professional)

You can also turn this service off completely. Go to Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services>and down to IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service. Double click on it and if is started, click stop. Then set the service to Disable, and click Apply. (Big Al's actions probably set the service to manual, although I haven't checked this out). If you are running Nero software it is recommended that you disable this service as there are some conflicts. (its basically written by Roxio)

kip