Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Command Button (Office 97 SR2)

Hi

I am trying to add a command button to goto a defined name cell on the sheet , but I have no idea how to do this.
    I created a macro and used a hyperlink but it does not look so proffesional as a command button.

any help gratefully received

Braddy
    If you are a fool at forty, you will always be a fool

Thanks

Re: Command Button (Office 97 SR2)

Put on the command button and either add the macro code you created to the command button's link event or just have the link event call the macro.

Steve

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

There are two different types of command buttons you can add to a workbook: one from the "Forms" toolbar and one from the "Control Toolbox" toolbar.

If you add a command button from the Forms toolbar, you'll be asked immediately to specify a macro to be run. Accept the proposed name (or change it if you don't like it) and click New. You'll be taken to the Visual Basic Editor, with the Sub ... End Sub for the OnClick procedure already created for you in a standard module. Type an instruction like the following in the empty line between Sub... and End Sub:

ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("MySheet").Range("Braddy ").Select

or

ActiveSheet.Range("Braddy").Select

Of course, you must substitute the appropriate names. Switch back to Excel. Click outside the command button, then click it to test its action. To edit the command button's properties, right click it; you'll see selection handles at the corners.

If you add a command button from the Control Toolbox, design mode will be switched on. Right click the button and select View Code. You'll be taken to the Visual Basic Editor; the code will be in the class module for the worksheet the button is on. Type the same instruction as for the other type. Switch back to Excel. To test the button, switch off design mode by clicking the first button on the Control Toolbox; to edit, switch design mode on again.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Hi

Thank you for your reply being a novice I'm not sure I understand your reply However Hans supplied me with a with a reply that my simple brain can understand using the form command button

Thanks again

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans

Thanks for your reply ,the form command button was the answer for my limited knowledge and worked just fine.

Thanks very much