Lounger
    Thanks

remove font (xp pro)

After deleting the font Franklin Gothic the font reappears. It seems impossible to delete the font.
    Is there a way?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Re: remove font (xp pro)

It is installed as a protected file in XP. So, when you delete it XP just restores it automatically. Because it is a system file that probably means some application is depending on it being there. If you delete it you may have trouble running certain program(s) or have to figure out how to do font substitution. That said, to delete it go to C:windowssystem32dllcache and delete the font file there first. Then delete from the font folder.You may have to change your view settings in Windows Explorer to see the dllcache folder. In Windows Explorer go to Tools | Folder Options | View. Under 'Hidden files and folders' make sure the 'Show hidden files and folders' radio button is selected. You may also want to have 'Hide file extensions for known file types' unchecked.

hth,

Joe
    Joe

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Once again, you're right on, Joe. I think he'd be well advised NOT to delete that file, even by brute force methods. Just for curiosity, I looked in my cache and there are only THREE fonts in there - a MS Sans Serif and two Franklin Gothic files. That tells me that there's a high probability of trouble if one were to remove any of those files, just as you suspect.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you very much for your answer. I'll be very carefull.
    Rico Mazereeuw