New Lounger
    Thanks

Word automation (2000/XP)

Hi All,

I am new to VBA and have been thinking of a way to do the following.
    I have a document with 20 separate tables I need to get the value from one of the cells to put into a new document that enters the values into a MS Graph object and then charts it.
    So far I have managed to get the value from the cell by bookmarking each table and then creating a master table that is updated using the formula function:
    =SUM(bookmarkname cellreference)
    I have written (tried to) a macro that then selects the column from the table and copies it into the buffer.

There must be better way of doing this, any idea's greatly appreciated.

Naz

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word automation (2000/XP)

Hi, naziern. If I absolutely had to use Word for this, then what you describe sounds about right. However, have you considered doing this in Excel?
    Karen

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word automation (2000/XP)

You are right, Excel would be the ideal tool for doing this, the reason for using Word is that our central database system (sybase DB) has links to mail merge documents. The document is based on a template which is fired from a control from our Sybase database.
    Unfortunately this application does not support links to Excel :-(
    I found an excellent piece of code in a word manaul that writes out the result from my master table to an array which then inserts it into a MS Graph object. So far so good!. I am now working on tweaking the graph in code!

Regards

Naz