New Lounger
    Thanks

Moving tabs by increments on ruler

I'm still using Word 97 SR2 under Windows 98 Plus. Not sure how to phrase this question to get it across! When I use the ruler bar to place tabs and want to tweak the tab a bit, how can I set the increments by which the tab will move? Does this make sense to anyone? I'd like the tab to move according to how minutely I move it - not by some preset amount. Can this be controlled?

JoanS

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Moving tabs by increments on ruler

Try the Format, Tabs dialog which allows you set tabs at exact measurements, and alter the default tab stops.

To set a Tab, you just enter the distance from the left margin and select set.

If you want the tab to apply to exixting paragraphs you should highlight them all before formatting.

Hope that helps,

Andrew C

BAM

Hi Joan,

You might want to try holding <Alt> or holding down both the left and right mouse buttons while adjusting the tab.

Not only does this override the "grid" but it will also display the actual measurement units (inches, centimeters, picas, points).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Cheers!

New Lounger
    Thanks

As usual, ask a question, get an immediate, workable solution! Thanks very much to you who answered. The best answer for impatient me is to also hold down the right mouse button when moving tabs.

JoanS