Star Lounger
    Thanks

Inbox Messages Deleted (6)

From time to time the contents of my Inbox are mysteriously deleted. (And no, I don't have the view set to Hide Read Messages). I'm not sure what's causing this (extremely irritating) behavior, but I suspect it may be connected to the McAfee virus scanner. I suspect this because a) it just happened to me, as I was in the midst of downloading new virus definitions from McAfee and [img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] it only happens on my work computer (where I use McAfee) and not on my home computer (where I use Norton).

At the moment I'm dealing with this problem by running a filter that automatically copies every incoming message to a backup folder, but this is pretty unsatisfactory since to restore the contents of my Inbox I have to go through the hundreds of messages in the backup folder and manually copy to the (now empty) Inbox any messages that were still in my inbox when the mysterious deletion occurred.

Any suggestions will be very appreciated. Thanks in advance!

regards, Abraham Z.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Inbox Messages Deleted (6)

Replying to myself: further digging in cyberspace has revealed that this is in fact a known problem with McAfee.
    Abraham Z.