New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2000 Error Msg. Access Denied

The other day I had a complete shutdown on my computer while in my Outlook 2000 Inbox. After a reboot and on all subsequent restarts the following message appears every time I try to access my Outlook 2000 Inbox.

"Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The file C:WINDOWSLocalSettingsApplication DataMicrosoftOutlookmailbox.pst could not be accessed. Access is denied"

Somehow, it appears that the mailbox.pst file has been corrupted. There is no difficulty in opening my Outlook Express to claim my e-mail but I would like to have my Outlook 2000 back.

Any ideas about correcting this problem?

hwa-dallas

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 2000 Error Msg. Access Denied

start with searching for scanpst and running it on the pst. also check the pst properties and confirm that it's not somehow marked read only.

you can rename the pst, open outlook and create a new pst, this gives you access to outlook until you can access the old pst. you might try opening the old one from the file > open menu once outlook is opened, i expect it won't work tho.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 2000 Error Msg. Access Denied

MaryJ,

Thanks for the advice, it worked.

After running Scandisk the Scanpst worked, except I don't seem to be able to get back my old folders. My Lost and Found folder has multiple "Recovered Folders" but they are all empty. Oh well!

Thanks again.

hwa-dallas