New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2002 and Hotmail not working (2002 Sp-2)

One of the reasons I bought Office XP was because you could integrate Hotmail with it, where as you couldn't with Outlook 2000. I have been happily mixing my POP mail with my HTTP mail, but suddenly it stopped working. I should have made a clearer note of exactly when It began, because I might have been in a better position to roll my system back to that point, but it was around the time of some other issues, and I didn't. Now, whenever I try top access Hotmail from Outlook, I get this response:

Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Downloading all items.' reported error (0x800CCC32) : 'Access to the account was denied. Verify that your username and password are correct.'

But I'm using the exact same User Name and Password that I use to get to the account when I log into Hotmail off the Web, and there it works fine.

I've tried Removing and Recreating the account in Outlook. I've tried removing cookies, lowering IE's cookie barriers, disabling Norton INternet Security 2003. Nothing seems to help. I'd appreciate any other ideas.

Thanks,

PhilHT

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook 2002 and Hotmail not working (2002 Sp-2)

Do you have 2 hotmail/msn accounts configured? Outlook only supports one. Does it work in Outlook Express? Did it start within the past week or so? There have been issues with hotmail recently...

New Lounger
    Thanks

MJ-

I have only one hotmail account. The problem began within the past month, and one of the reasons I thought it might just go away was that there were indeed issues being reported with hotmail. But I have had the impression that they were fixed by now.

I have not yet tried using Outlook Express. That thought occurred to me also, just last night, and I'll give it a try tonight when I'm at home (I'm sending this reply from my Office).

Thanks for getting back to me.

-PhilHT

New Lounger
    Thanks

MJ-

Further info: Outlook Express does essentially the same thing as Outlook 2002. It does not recognize my login name and/or password.

I'll make a further note, I have also had trouble beginning in the same timeframe with Quicken and it's ability to download certain data from banking sites with which it used to be able to connect; and MusicMatch Jukebox also used to be able to automatically login to my "Radio MX" account there. These both started to fail after I installed Norton Internet Security 2003 (I was using NIS 2002). MusicMatch has posted a info that there is an incompatibility with NIS 2003. So, I have learned to briefly disable NIS 2003 off when I log into to MusciMatch, then re-enable it, and everything then works fine. I first thought this would likely be the problem with Outlook and Quicken, but disabling NIS has no effect on my problems in these programs, so I have to believe that something else is going on. I suppose I could try completely uninstalling NIS 2003, but I have been reluctant to do so because everything else seems to be working well, and I want the protection ( I have an "always on" cable modem internet connection). I have searched the Symantec web site (along with anything Google might turn up) for anything relevant periodically, but have so far found nothing related to my situation.

I realize this may well not really be an Outlook problem, but instead a problem with NIS 2003 or something other piece of software, but Outlook is where I see it manifested (my Quicken problem seems pretty minor in comparison), so that's why I came here.

-PhilHT