2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Search Feature not working (2002 SP2)

And another problem with Office XP.
    The search feature with Open can't seem to find anything.
    The same criteria used with Windows XP Search DID find the target files.

"Fast search is enabled" in Excel, Word & PowerPoint 2002 and does not work in any program.
    Starting at "My Computer" or lower (No Results Found) appears everytime.

What do I need to set or not set within these programs?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Search Feature not working (2002 SP2)

Ray, I'm primarily using 2000 with peeks at XP when the Bride permits! Looks like in XP, at least in Excel, the default setup is to look for text within the file, thus if I type Ray into the Search, it looks for files containing Ray in the content, not file -names- containing Ray. Poking round further, I see that under the Advanced Tab (!?) if you select Property as File Name, leave Condition as Includes, and type Ray as Value, click Add then Search, it appears to do what I'm accustomed to. You can narrow the file types down to a specific app in the "Results should be:" Selected File Types tree. Is this any help? Cumbersome beast, innit?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

John,
    Thanks for your response.
    I understand how the "Search" Tools feature works. My wife and I tried all kinds of combinations with both Basic & Advanced pages; but we always get the "(No Results)" with Excel, Word and PowerPoint 2002 "Tools" or "Open" Search dialogs.

The selection Panels are somewhat different, but the Windows XP "Start" "Search" function finds the file(s) with the specified content.

We have the Office XP Standard for Students & Teachers version.
    The Search Tool did work not before or after installing the two SPs.

We use Outlook Express for email, so we chose not to install Outlook, which makes our installation somewhat non-standard.

The other thing that comes to mind, is a conflict with the Windows XP Indexing setup.
    Any thoughts here?

Ray A.

PS: Found a couple of errors in my original Post, so I deleted it and am reposting.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Ray, I'm sorry I had no new information for you, and I don't have any brighter, newer, ideas, let's see if someone else does.

What you may want to do is create a "reference" post in the "General Office Solutions" Forum or the "Windows XP" Forum, using the same title and including a brief summary of the problem and a link to your original post in this thread, using the post link format <!t>[post#=218453], and including something like "for more details see <post#=218453>post 218453</post#>". You might also consider posting a <!post=screen copy,158453>screen copy<!/post> of your Advanced Search dialog.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS