2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Loss of Access to Printer

Has anyone else run across this problem ??

Today after booting up I tried to use the Print function in a number of programs and was confronted by this error message -

"There was an error writing to LPT1: for the the printer (Star LC24-30) Cannot accessthe port. It may be in use another program. Quit other programs and try printing again"

I had no other programs running and my Star LC24-30 is set as the default printer

I have a 2nd printer a Lexmark 2030 and when I select this printer, the Print command works with all of my programs !!

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what's gone wrong

Awaiting help

Max Rieper
    mrieper@bigpond.net.au

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Loss of Access to Printer

The first thing I would check is that the cable is securly plugged in on both ends, and I would power the printer off and back on, and then reboot.
    Legare Coleman

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Loss of Access to Printer

I have been using computers since the first TANDY TRASH 80 hit the market and have been involved with communications computers since 1964 so I've certainly checked all the obvious things such as cable/connection problems

One thing that I realise that I did have my laptop connected to the Printer port not my LC30-24 printer when I booted up

Perhaps WIN98's "intelligent" PNP has screwed things up in WIN.or SYSTEM.INI or the Registery *&^%%

Any more thoughts

Cheers n Tears
    Max