Star Lounger
    Thanks

Macrobutton in forms

I've just been reading a thread that refers to using MacroButton as a hyperlink in protected forms (MacroButton will run in a protected section).

I can use Macrobutton to mail the form okay but I cannot seem to find anything that will act as a hyperlink to another document - I want to return to the doc index which is in pdf format.

I have found HyperlinkOpen in the macroButton options list but what does it do? How do I define the file to link to?

I have read Charles Kenyon's article about MacroButtons but there is only a tantalising mention.

NewWordUser

Re: Macrobutton in forms

Yes Charles I would like to know more too.

I have found several threads on Google where you talk about how easy this is but I can't find your step by step instructions on how to actually use a MACROBUTTON field instead of a hyperlink.
    TIA

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have been trying to make a macrobutton work as a hyperlink (on an intranet) to docs other than Word and have at succeeded. So for anyone who wants a hyperlink in a protected area here is the macro to call up in the button field:

Sub link_go()

ActiveDocument.FollowHyperlink Address:= _
    "emm4000.pdf", NewWindow:=False _
    , AddHistory:=True

End Sub

Any URL you like between the " " - my example is a relative URL with everything in the same directory.

In a browser it opens in the same window but on a harddrive it will open the new application in a seperate window.

I know it looks obvious but it's a major triumph for me... Thanks to Charles Kenyon for tips.

Thanks

You are welcome, it feels good to pay back some of the great advice I've gotten. A further refinement to make it a single-click can be seen in <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=wrd&Number=66449> this post</A>.

I've put what little I know about macrobuttons in the <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/fields.htm#MacroButton> draft</A> of a page I'm writing on fields.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin