New Lounger
    Thanks

Send/Receive doesn't work (Outlook 2000 SP1)

I just tried to convert from Outlook Express Version 6 to Outlook 2000 SP1. The steps taken were importing all of my messages and address book to Outlook and going into Internet Options in the Control Panel to set my Email program to 'Outlook'. Once all of this was done, I tried to use the Send/Receive function. A box appears with the message that the requested tasks were completed successfully, but no new messages were received and a single message in my Outbox does not get sent. (By checking internet mail there are over 20 messages ready to be received by my email. I have checked my Account settings and they seem to be correct. In searching the Microsoft Knowkedge Base the was one article (305959) that suggested renaming the Outcmd.dat file to Outcmd.old so it gets recreated upon Outlook startup. However, this did not work either. So, I am now at a loss at what to do next. Does anyone have any idea how to get the Send/Receive working properly? Thank you for your help

Thanks

Re: Send/Receive doesn't work (Outlook 2000 SP1)

Go into your mail settings and see if you can create an error. (Sounds crazy, but it should help, really.) In Outlook 2000, assuming you are set up for Internet Mail Only, you use Tools|Accounts... (highlight mail account)|Properties... and enter a bogus password temporarily. (In Corporate Workgroup mode, it's Tools|Services...) If the next Send/Receive doesn't give you an error, the account might not be being checked. I can't remember where you tell Outlook which accounts to check when you hit Send/Receive, but you need to find that place and set it. Hope this helps.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Tried what you suggested - got the same response. Outlook must not be checking this mail account. The box checked 'Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing' is checked. Is there somewhere else that Outlook checks for accounts? By the way, when outlook is on, occasionally a message saying that the internet connection is lost pops up. However, IE still is able to access it.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Was able to fix the problem - deleted all mail accounts in Outlook, reset up new mail account (mine is ATT Worldnet), and now Outlook is able to send and receive. Guess the conversion utility does not do everything that Outlook needs.